Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blog 5

Question: Choose one of the possible research projects you have been thinking about and brainstorm the kinds of thinking materials you would need to discuss in your introduction for a research essay on this project.

Research project: Online dating

-Background information: What is online dating?  List reasons why people date online.  Name some of the different dating found websites .

-Discuss how I gathered my information: Getting info directly from website and female profiles.  How many women I researched? Identify the specific age group I am studying (18-30).  List where these women are located in American?

-Identify terms used on these websites:  Example: What type of fish are you: (Shark, Sea Urchin, etc.)  What is a profile? Define the "for" option?

-Why I am researching this specific topic:  I am investigating the profiles of women on online dating websites, to find what they consider "attractive" in men.  I'll look into the patterns and common themes women used to describe their typical match.

No comments:

Post a Comment